In Ep.119 of the Sports Therapy Association Podcast, our countdown to Therapy Expo 2022 November 23rd & 24th at the NEC Birmingham continues, bringing you speakers who will be presenting in the STA THEATRE across the two days.
In this episode, we are joined by James Earls, a hugely popular writer, lecturer and bodyworker specialising in Myofascial Release and Structural Integration. He is the author of internationally acclaimed books including 'Understanding the Human Foot', 'Born To Walk' and 'Fascial Release for Structural Balance'.
Topics discussed include:
- 5:16 A chat with James about his long, long, long, career.
- 7:45 How conventions like Therapy Expo have now become more about education rather than just selling of products.
- 13:40 A look at the Born To Move website and courses offered https://www.borntomove.com/
- 16:50 Why James moved away from Anatomy Trains
- 21:00 How the teaching of anatomy needs to change
- 41:00 Assessing patients - limitations of static testing
- 48:30 Understanding how the mody interacts through gait analysis
- 52:50 James Earls: New book coming!
- 56:40 James Earls at Therapy Expo this year, Wed 23rd Oct at 11.30am in the STA Theatre
Our sincere thanks to James Earls for giving up his time to be a guest on the show! Remember, James will be presenting in the STA Theatre at Therapy Expo on Wednesday 23rd October at 11.30am!
Want to join the live recordings?
Episodes of the Sports Therapy Association podcast are recorded live every TUESDAY at 8pm on the Sports Therapy Association YOUTUBE CHANNEL. Everyone is welcome - you do not have to be an STA member! If you cannot join us live, be sure to subscribe to the 'Sports Therapy Association Podcast' on all popular podcast apps to be notified when new episodes are available.
Please Support Our Podcast!
If you appreciate what we do, please take a couple of minutes to leave us a rating & review on Apple Podcasts. It really does make all the difference in helping us reach out to a larger audience. iPhone users you can do this from your phone, Android users you will need to do it from iTunes.
Questions? Email: email@example.com